Content Editor - Toronto
Northbound Publishing is currently hiring a full-time experienced content editor with an impeccable writing style, keen eye for trends and strong social media knowledge.
Our ideal candidate will be directly responsible for being the voice behind our sites, building our writing team and engaging our social audience. We’re looking for someone to join our team with unique article ideas with a strong interest in animals & pets.
Northbound is committed to building a new type of media company. One that uses innovative technology to build the most engaging properties on the web. We have a clear vision on what we want to achieve and what it will take to get there. We understand the importance of having a strong team and our top priority is to enable you to do your best work and develop your career.
- Review and approve content submissions
- Write, proofread, and fact-check articles and content for all company publications and channels, ensuring everything is properly credited across all platforms
- Maintain a robust and interesting content schedule
- Manage and oversee all editorial interns; this includes hiring and training
- Field questions from couples/contributors/advertisers regarding deadline extensions, policies, etc.
- Collect and manage forms and waivers for all content
- Notify all contributors when their work has been accepted or rejected for publishing
- Field questions/comments sent through social media accounts
- Excellent command of English language, written and verbal
- At least 2-3 years of writing experience
- Experience using content management systems and social media platforms
- Experience with content curation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write flawless copy on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Ability to establish priorities and plan and monitor own work plan.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Working experience with media buying (AdWords, Facebook, Taboola, Outbrain, etc)
- Experience with Video Content
- Money. This includes a competitive base salary as well as generous goal and performance-based financial incentives.
- 4 day Work Week. Being more productive doesn’t mean working more hours. At Northbound we believe in getting the job done properly and a good team doesn’t need to live in the office.
- Flexible Hours. Do you need to work from home sometimes? Or leave early when for an appointment. Northbound is flexible to anyone schedule.
- Get a bike, transit pass or Uber Credit. How do you commute to work? Get a Presto or Uber Credit for your daily commute. Do you prefer to bike? We’ll give you one.
- $500 Fitness & Health Allowance. Stay healthy however you’d like. Get a gym membership, new tennis gear or rock climbing.
- Attend Industry Conferences. Every employee should get a chance to attend a conference, not just the most senior members.
- Spotify or Audible Membership. What do you listen to while you work? Try Spotify premium or Audible on us.
- Choose your Preferred Workstation. Choose your own laptop.